By Cicely Samuels, Content Strategist.
Is it just us or is November flying by at an abnormally fast rate? No complaints here, though. Adults tend to complain about the stresses of the Holidays (rightly so) but really, we all get a twinge of excitement when window displays turn into winter wonderlands.
Anyway, we here at Currant Technology Group have an exceptional round-up of apps, podcasts, and other tech fancies for you to try out.
1. Calling all freelancers! Workfrom is the app you've been searching for. Using this platform, you can find and share the best coffee shops, co-working spaces, and other work-friendly places with wifi in your area.
2. Invisibilia is one of NPR's finest (in my opinion). This podcast grapples with the invisible forces that control human behavior, in a very accessible way. If you're a newcomer, check out an episode with raving reviews, "The Problem With The Solution", in which hosts Lulu Miller, Hanna Rosin, and Alix Spiegel bring up why sometimes, trying to solve a problem can in fact make it worse.
3. Not to harp on, but Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! That means it's prime time for board games. Junk Art is timeless fun for the entire family. The concept is simple: 60 colorful, wooden pieces, a few guidelines, and you can create whatever your heart desires!
4. On a serious note, it's been really freaking hot for November. Thanks, global warming! If you're environmentally conscious - which you should be - consider grabbing an Amphiro for your shower. This sleek gadget lets you know exactly how much energy and water you have been consuming. Additionally you can link this technology to your smartphone to keep track, set goals, and even share your good work.
5. Long work week? Ready to settle in, snuggle up, and binge watch something this weekend? Us, too. Be sure to stream The Crown on Netflix, ASAP. It's part drama, part history lesson, and pretty darn hard to switch off.