By Cicely Samuels, Content Strategist.
Is it just us or is November flying by at an abnormally fast rate? No complaints here, though. Adults tend to complain about the stresses of the Holidays (rightly so) but really, we all get a twinge of excitement when window displays turn into winter wonderlands.
Anyway, we here at Currant Technology Group have an exceptional round-up of apps, podcasts, and other tech fancies for you to try out.
1. Calling all freelancers! Workfrom is the app you've been searching for. Using this platform, you can find and share the best coffee shops, co-working spaces, and other work-friendly places with wifi in your area.
2. Invisibilia is one of NPR's finest (in my opinion). This podcast grapples with the invisible forces that control human behavior, in a very accessible way. If you're a newcomer, check out an episode with raving reviews, "The Problem With The Solution", in which hosts Lulu Miller, Hanna Rosin, and Alix Spiegel bring up why sometimes, trying to solve a problem can in fact make it worse.
3. Not to harp on, but Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! That means it's prime time for board games. Junk Art is timeless fun for the entire family. The concept is simple: 60 colorful, wooden pieces, a few guidelines, and you can create whatever your heart desires!
4. On a serious note, it's been really freaking hot for November. Thanks, global warming! If you're environmentally conscious - which you should be - consider grabbing an Amphiro for your shower. This sleek gadget lets you know exactly how much energy and water you have been consuming. Additionally you can link this technology to your smartphone to keep track, set goals, and even share your good work.
5. Long work week? Ready to settle in, snuggle up, and binge watch something this weekend? Us, too. Be sure to stream The Crown on Netflix, ASAP. It's part drama, part history lesson, and pretty darn hard to switch off.
By Cicely Samuels, Content Strategist
If we could describe the first week of November in three words, it would be Election Day Mania. We researched, we decided, we voted, and we reacted to the outcome. Whether we were disappointed or not, we're staying positive. But for now, back to our regularly scheduled content. Aka - the links we are loving. Which podcasts are keeping us sane in 5 o'clock traffic? Which albums make the day a little brighter? And what random app did we discover this week? Keep scrolling for some A+ recommendations.
1. Ever finished a movie and wonder, How Did This Get Made? Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael, and Jason Mantzoukas created a hilarious podcast in which they examine, deconstruct, and mock objectively terrible movies. They bring along a different guest every week for added fun.
2. Stephen Colbert Signs Off on Election Night I think we can all agree that Stephen Colbert is a brilliant man. So brilliant, in fact, that in his election sign off footage he said the thing we all needed to hear. Click to find out...
3. Easy, Free Photo Editing Designing an image for your blog post, social media efforts, or even an invitation sounds pretty intimidating. But Snappa is the solution. I promise it's the easiest thing you'll ever use. For example, it took me five minutes to create the image at the top of this post!
4. New STRFKR Album rejoice! Indie pop/electro band, STRFKR just released a new album titled "Being No One, Going No Where" (it's way more uplifting that it sounds). Check it out for foot-tapping, easy listening.
5. whatthehellshouldiwatchonnetflix.com is the best thing I've discovered in months. Instead of spending two hours trying to find a movie or a show to watch, let someone else decide. It's just like rolling a dice.